Featured NodeXL Network
Thousands of sociologists gathered in Seattle, Washington for their annual American Sociological Association meeting in August. While there, they frequently tweeted about the event. Our featured NodeXL network shows the interactions among 4,354 Twitter users around the hashtag #ASA16. Take a look at the #ASA16 NodeXL map and report in NodeXL Graph Gallery to discover the leading voices, groupings, and topics discussed during the event.
Attending a conference or event?
Request a NodeXL social media network map and report!
Conference and event hashtags can be mapped to reveal many insights into a topic and its thought leaders. To request a sample NodeXL social media network map and report just email us with the topic you'd like to have mapped along with the dates of the event.
New: Facebook Reactions now available in NodeXL Pro
The addition of new "Reactions" along with the traditional Facebook "Like" have now been integrated into NodeXL Pro's Facebook importer.
Version 356 and above now support importing data about these alternative ways of responding. Look for this data in the Edges worksheet.
New: Free NodeXL Pro Consulting
We have added new features to the NodeXL Pro license packages: Now, one free hour of consulting is included with every NodeXL Pro Commercial/Non-Profit/Academic license.
Our team consists of network science professionals with expertise in various fields of social network and social media analysis. We can get you up-to-date on new NodeXL software features as well as help you overcome obstacles you might encounter during your analyses.
Please feel free to contact us to schedule a time! We are located in GMT+1 and GMT-8 and can arrange to meet at a time convenient to your location and schedule.
NodeXL Sentiment Analysis:
Don´t take our word for it!
NodeXL>Analysis>Graph Metrics>Words and Word Pairs>Options>Sentiment:
There you will see the Word and Word Pair Metrics dialog. When Options are selected, the configuration for "sentiment" analysis in NodeXL is displayed:
This dialog allows you to edit the lists of words that are to be skipped or categorized as List #1, #2, or #3.
NodeXL ships with a default collection of American English language "Positive", "Negative", and "Angry/Violent" terms.
Featured NodeXL Interview
Social Media Research Foundation Director Marc Smith was interviewed by Innovation Enterprise.
The article is here.
Featured NodeXL Tweet
Featured NodeXL Publication
Authors: Othieno Joseph, Mugivane I Fred, Nyaga Philip, Ogara William, Muchemi Gerald
In this study NodeXL is used for SNA to measure information flows and identify opinion leaders in climate change discussions in Kenya. The article has been published in the International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation and Technology, Vol 6, No 1 (2016).
Many more publications that make use of NodeXL can be found here. If you want your own publication to be presented in our SMRF´s October newsletter, please contact us!
Upcoming NodeXL Events
- Next NodeXL Meetup: Washington, DC, September 29, 2016. Details to be determined! Interested in meeting other NodeXL users in the DC area? Contact us!
- #NSMNSS/SRA event: This SRA event presents tools for social media research on October 11, 2016 in London. Wasim Ahmed from University of Sheffield will give an introduction to NodeXL.
- SocInfo 2016: A NodeXL workshop on social media network analysis for non-programmers will be held by Marc Smith at the 8th International Conference on Social Informatics (SocInfo 2016) in Seattle, WA, on November 15, 2016.
- Social Media & Web Analytics Innovation: SMR Foundation director Marc Smith will speak at the Innovation Enterprise Summit in Chicago, IL, November 29-30, 2016.
- DISC 2016 and CeDEM Asia 2016: From December 7-10, 2016, this co-hosted event takes place in Daegu, South Korea. The 4th annual DISC conference brings together academics, industry, practitioners and policy-makers, as well as Marc Smith for a talk and workshop.
Planned events for 2017!
We are planning a series of NodeXL Hands-on training in Europe in January 2017. Join us in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Paris for a one-day introduction to networks, social networks, social media networks, and more. Interested in attending a European training session? Contact us for details!
Request a NodeXL talk at your next event!
Networks are a topic of interest in many universities, organizations, agencies and businesses. Learn how to “Think Link” and gain insights into connected structures. Request a talk, lecture, workshop, or training series to help your organization “Think Link”.