This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  oecophylla 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Marc Smith
    Keymaster

Have an issue getting NodeXL Pro running on your machine? Share your error messages here for the best ways to resolve your issues.

JadeGrebenauger
    Participant

Hi!

I’m a University Student.
    Three days ago I’ve tried to do a little research with NodeXL Pro on my computer without problems. Today I just wanted to check some things before doing tomorrow the first definitive data gathering.
    However I have a problem.
    Everytime now I try to run NodeXL Pro, Microsoft Excel stops to work and the only thing I can do it is to close the program. If I try to run Microsoft Excel, I have no problems.
    Can you please help me? I really don’t understand what it is going on, I did not install anything in these days because I was working and did not use the computer (only to watch tv).

Could it be linked to some updated my computer did automatically or is it linked to the programm? Has someone ever experienced a problem like mine?

Thank you in advance!!

Giada

mpsimeon
    Participant

My nodexl pro downloaded an update automatically and I’m facing the exact same problem.

gwaddell
    Participant

I used NodeXL two days ago, but today I am getting this error. Help! I need to download data today (hopefully?)

Name: NodeXL Excel Template
    From: http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Exception reading manifest from https://n68.network-auth.com/splash/?mac=00%3A18%3A0A%3A92%3A93%3A90&real_ip=10.228.244.206&client_ip=10.228.244.206&client_mac=BC:83:85:E1:8B:15&vap=1&a=972a67c48192728a34979d9a35164c1295401b71&b=70635&auth_version=5&key=75e76756816bf8db8b2e273c5d4fed593968c079&acl_ver=P1653532V2&continue_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nodexlgraphgallery.org%2FNodeXLSetup%2FSmrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened. —> System.Xml.XmlException: DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Arber Ceni
    Keymaster

Hello,

Looks like the problem might be the internet connection (it is redirecting your content). Please try connecting to another network.

If these steps do not resolve the problem we would like to remotely troubleshoot and correct the issue.

May we request that you install Team Viewer 13?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

This application will allow us to remotely resolve the issue.

When it is installed, please share the “Machine ID#” and Passcode and suggest a time for us to schedule a session with you. Please email info@smrfoundation.org to schedule a time to resolve your issue.

Regards,
    Arber

aniteshb
    Participant

Hi,
    I purchased a license for NodeXL Pro but am having trouble making it work. It says “Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The document pane does not open up. However, I am able to use the basic version without any problems. Any help will be much appreciated. I am running Office 2016 with Windows 10. Thanks.

oecophylla
    Participant

Hi, has there been any resolution to these issues by any chance?

I’ve been getting a similar error message this week after being able to use it reliably for quite a while (although it seems to be a sporadically reoccuring thing judging from similar posts in the forums).

Do you have any info at all?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.